Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Gmail account won't load on Iphone 8

I've got a new company email (gmail) and it loaded on my IMAC and my laptop just fine but it won't load on my Iphone8. It's listed as an additional account in settings and is in the email list but when I click the button to include on the phone, GMAIL APP spins and spins and then unchecks the button. I have shut down the phone and restarted. I have deleted the mail account and re-added. Nothing works.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 11:06 AM

Try adding it into your iOS Mail app instead. In settings- passwords and accounts - add account, choose google I believe.

if you prefer the Gmail App, try resetting network settings.In settings - general - reset - reset network settings. It may be slower trying to populate all the emails. Try cleaning it up on your Mac- delete some.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 11:06 AM in response to CBDgirl60

Try adding it into your iOS Mail app instead. In settings- passwords and accounts - add account, choose google I believe.

if you prefer the Gmail App, try resetting network settings.In settings - general - reset - reset network settings. It may be slower trying to populate all the emails. Try cleaning it up on your Mac- delete some.

New Gmail account won't load on Iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.