Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long Since Unpaired Apple Watch but Still Getting Notifications to Update

My son gave me an Apple Watch to try out last year. I told him thanks but my phone was enough; the watch screen is a little small. We unpaired it and I never thought about it again. After the last ios update, I keep getting notifications many, many times a day telling me I need to update my Apple Watch.

I don't even have that watch anymore to try and unpair it again. I'm really not sure what to do but that sure is a lot of notifications I'm getting. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 11:30 AM

Hi The_Vixter,

It seems you're getting message to unpair Apple Watch. Let's work together to get to the bottom of what's happening.

If you open the Watch app on your iPhone, are you able to see any paired devices?

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you already have the Apple Watch completely removed from the Watch app, try to delete the Watch app instead:

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 11:30 AM in response to The_Vixter

Hi The_Vixter,

It seems you're getting message to unpair Apple Watch. Let's work together to get to the bottom of what's happening.

If you open the Watch app on your iPhone, are you able to see any paired devices?

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you already have the Apple Watch completely removed from the Watch app, try to delete the Watch app instead:

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Long Since Unpaired Apple Watch but Still Getting Notifications to Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.