Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn’t let me deleted photos or videos from camera roll! How do I fix it ?

whenever I go to delete a photo to or a video from my camera roll it deletes them initially but when I refresh the app they are appear again as if I don’t delete them! How do I fix this problem?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:16 PM

Try to disable iCloud picture management on any iOS device you want to manage manually (or use a third-party photo management application). You don’t have to completely disable iCloud (you can continue to use iCloud for your contacts, calendar, and other functions), but you do have to disable all the photo backup and sharing options.

To disable iCloud photo management on your iOS device navigate to Settings > iCloud > Photos, and then uncheck the “iCloud Photo Library” option.

Once you’ve toggled the above settings, you’re free to connect your device to your computer, and then manually manage your photos. No iOS device restart necessary—the change in permissions takes place immediately after your change the settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 3:16 PM in response to femke65

Try to disable iCloud picture management on any iOS device you want to manage manually (or use a third-party photo management application). You don’t have to completely disable iCloud (you can continue to use iCloud for your contacts, calendar, and other functions), but you do have to disable all the photo backup and sharing options.

To disable iCloud photo management on your iOS device navigate to Settings > iCloud > Photos, and then uncheck the “iCloud Photo Library” option.

Once you’ve toggled the above settings, you’re free to connect your device to your computer, and then manually manage your photos. No iOS device restart necessary—the change in permissions takes place immediately after your change the settings.

iPhone doesn’t let me deleted photos or videos from camera roll! How do I fix it ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.