Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage switching from SMS to iMessages

Hi, I recently upgraded to Xr and having a strange issue with iMessage to one number when I try to send a text. Very strange: when I send a text to my sons iphone XR the message randomly goes between green and blue:

But when I look at my imesssage on my Macbook Air, I only see blue. The SMS messages are not delivered.

His phone has power and it is on him.

Why would the phone randomly switch between the two types? I am logged in to iCloud on macbook air and my iphone..

Secondly (and maybe related?). In my phone messages settings I get this strange message when I try to share name and photo (and I turned off find my phone and erased to factory settings on my previous iphone):

Thank you for any advice to fix that message thing

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:11 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jun 23, 2020 3:46 PM in response to razmee209

not that I can recall. Thank you for the suggestion. Not sure that is solution, since the issue has never happened in the 3 years prior, and just started in the 2 days I have had this phone, but will keep eye on it to see how often it reoccurs. Thanks

have you seen that other message before: "multiple phone numbers assigned to your apple ID"

iMessage switching from SMS to iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.