Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

16" MacBook Pro Battery Capacity Dropping

Hi guys,

My Macbook Pro "16's battery life is down to 90% on 150 cycles. It's dropped 5% in the last month. It has fluctuated from 93-95% a fair bit but never dropped to 90%. Is this something I should be concerned about? I bought it in December. I'm not sure if I should contact Apple support or not. I cannot go into an Apple store because of the current pandemic, and I've also got a concussion that'll probably keep me in bed for a while. I'm just wondering how to manage this.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 6:36 PM

This is the new normal—

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management, a feature designed to improve the lifespan of your Mac notebook's battery.

The Battery Health button appears in >SystemPreferences>Energy Saver —this feature is limited to Mac laptops with Thunderbolt 3 ports. That equates to all MacBook Pro models released since late 2016 and the Retina-capable MacBook Air models released since 2018.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 6:36 PM in response to CA168

This is the new normal—

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management, a feature designed to improve the lifespan of your Mac notebook's battery.

The Battery Health button appears in >SystemPreferences>Energy Saver —this feature is limited to Mac laptops with Thunderbolt 3 ports. That equates to all MacBook Pro models released since late 2016 and the Retina-capable MacBook Air models released since 2018.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094

16" MacBook Pro Battery Capacity Dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.