Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro battery

My MacBook Pro has had very low battery life - about 2 hours - pretty much since purchase in 2020. Every time I’ve carried it to the Apple support center for a diagnosis, they examine battery health and tell me the battery’s health is fine. It’s been very frustrating to be using the device virtually like a desktop. Apple’s support on this issue has so far been disappointing. Need suggestions on how I can get Apple to understand my issues as a user, - their service teams focus is only on the device’s technical parameters.

MacBook, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 9:05 PM

Mk1361 Said:

"MacBook Pro battery: My MacBook Pro has had very low battery life - about 2 hours - pretty much since purchase in 2020. Every time I’ve carried it to the Apple support center for a diagnosis, they examine battery health and tell me the battery’s health is fine. [...]Need suggestions on how I can get Apple to understand my issues as a user, - their service teams focus is only on the device’s technical parameters."

-------

All Seems Typical:

What makes you think this is in error? Two hours seems correct, and it will crease as time proceeds. All batteries are prone to failure.

For Reference...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 9:05 PM in response to Mk1361

Mk1361 Said:

"MacBook Pro battery: My MacBook Pro has had very low battery life - about 2 hours - pretty much since purchase in 2020. Every time I’ve carried it to the Apple support center for a diagnosis, they examine battery health and tell me the battery’s health is fine. [...]Need suggestions on how I can get Apple to understand my issues as a user, - their service teams focus is only on the device’s technical parameters."

-------

All Seems Typical:

What makes you think this is in error? Two hours seems correct, and it will crease as time proceeds. All batteries are prone to failure.

For Reference...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Jun 5, 2022 8:21 AM in response to Mk1361

Mk1361 Said:

"MacBook Pro battery: Really? When Apple claims 17 hours? And my older Mac used to give 10+ hours?

———-

Optimize your Battery

As for your device type(a notebook), how often are you using this? Is it always powered on? How often are you charging this? How high is the volume? How many items are you running at once? How bright is the screen? There are lots of factors that can play a role in this. So, check your settings and make sure you are optimizing your battery.

Go Here: Get Help with your Mac Notebook Battery - Apple Support

See the links I’ve provided in my above reply

MacBook Pro battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.