Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stumped by labeling the X-axis in a simple 2D line graph

I can’t figure out how to use the dates in column A to label the X-axis in this attached graph.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:29 PM

Numbers charts get labels from Header Rows and Header columns, and chart Data from body cells.

Click on any cell to activate the table and show the Column and Row reference tabs.

Hover the pointer on the tab for column A, then click the disclosure arrow that appears toward the right end of that tab.

In the menu that appears, choose Convert to Header Column.

Regards,

Barry

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 10:29 PM in response to RedwoodValley

Numbers charts get labels from Header Rows and Header columns, and chart Data from body cells.

Click on any cell to activate the table and show the Column and Row reference tabs.

Hover the pointer on the tab for column A, then click the disclosure arrow that appears toward the right end of that tab.

In the menu that appears, choose Convert to Header Column.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 24, 2020 12:09 AM in response to RedwoodValley

"It was a little different for me on my iPad but ..."

True.

There is a community that has Numbers for iOS as one of its topics. A bit difficult to find, though as it is named "iWork for iOS".

Confusing, as versions 1 and 2 of Numbers were originally marketed as one of the three Mac applications making up iWork '08 and later, iWork '09. That ended with the full—ground up—rewrite of new versions of all three iWork applications for Mac,

To my recollection, the iOS versions Numbers, Pages and Keynote have been marketed as separate apps, and never 'packaged' or promoted as 'iWork, making the choice to put them all in the same basket here on ASC a bit confusing.

Happy to see I was able to help. Thanks for the checkmark.

Regards,

Barry

Stumped by labeling the X-axis in a simple 2D line graph

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.