Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop IPhone photos from synching to Ipad?

I have looked at a bunch of solutions related t this topic but have not found anything helpful. I have over 10,000 images and the photos take about 3 Gb on my iPad. Every time I take a photo on my iPhone it syncs to my iPad which I do not like. I would like to remove all the photos on my IPad to free up storage and yes I have the photos optimized but that’s not enough. When I try to unsync it on iTunes I get “ICloud photos is on” and my photo stream is already turned off. The other option is to turn off iCloud photos on the iPad and delete all photos my IPad but i am afraid it’s going to delete all the pictures on my devices. This is on the iPad 7th generation btw

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:59 AM

When you turn off iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream on the iPad in Settings > Your Name AppleID > iCloud > iCloud Photos, the iPad will no longer sync with iCloud. You can then delete the photos and videos from the iPad you do no longer want on the iPad.

But I would make backup copies from all photos you are having in iCloud on your computer, just in case something should go wrong., before you turn off iCloud syncing. Better safe than sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 11:59 AM in response to ElieB99

When you turn off iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream on the iPad in Settings > Your Name AppleID > iCloud > iCloud Photos, the iPad will no longer sync with iCloud. You can then delete the photos and videos from the iPad you do no longer want on the iPad.

But I would make backup copies from all photos you are having in iCloud on your computer, just in case something should go wrong., before you turn off iCloud syncing. Better safe than sorry.

How to stop IPhone photos from synching to Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.