Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive - Sync Pending

I am trying to use iCloud Drive primarily as a backup for some videos and other files. I copied some files to iCloud Drive and the status shows 'Sync pending'. What does this mean? Have the files been copied to iCloud or is it waiting for something? I am using a windows PC. Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 8:58 AM

Hey CraigSpring,

I see that you've uploaded files to iCloud Drive, but it's showing that sync is pending.

Are you able to access other files in File Explorer on your PC, but the recent files are just not showing up? If that's the case, make sure these files are successfully uploaded to iCloud by signing in to iCloud.com using a browser on a computer. If the files appear in iCloud, but are still not appearing in File Explorer make sure iCloud for Windows is updated by following the steps under "Update your version of iCloud for Windows" here: Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 8:58 AM in response to CraigSpring

Hey CraigSpring,

I see that you've uploaded files to iCloud Drive, but it's showing that sync is pending.

Are you able to access other files in File Explorer on your PC, but the recent files are just not showing up? If that's the case, make sure these files are successfully uploaded to iCloud by signing in to iCloud.com using a browser on a computer. If the files appear in iCloud, but are still not appearing in File Explorer make sure iCloud for Windows is updated by following the steps under "Update your version of iCloud for Windows" here: Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support.

Cheers!

Jun 29, 2020 6:45 AM in response to CraigSpring

Good morning CraigSpring,

It sounds like the sync pending is a message you're seeing letting you know that the sync hasn't completed. It may still be pending because of the connection. Are you able to test the PC on another network to see if there are any issues? A VPN or security software could also be preventing a strong connection.

Just to confirm, while logged into iCloud on a web browser do you see the files in iCloud Drive? Is this how you added them, or did you add them to iCloud Drive using a different device?

If you're still having trouble, try reinstalling iCloud for Windows by uninstalling it first. Follow the steps under "Turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows" here: Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support.

Take care.

Jun 28, 2020 5:17 PM in response to raina_b22

I've just installed iCloud on my PC, so it should be the latest version. Also, these are the first files that I've tried to upload to iCloud. Can you tell me what 'Sync pending' means? I assume that it is the sync between my PC and iCloud, as in my files have not been copied to iCloud yet and are waiting for something.

I did log into iCloud and went to my settings. It shows my iPhone and my PC. However, it shows my PC as an iPhone.

iCloud Drive - Sync Pending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.