Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro connect to zq520

Hello

I’m looking to see if anybody has any experience in connecting a zebra ZQ 520 iPad Pro. I’m planning on using the printer to print shipping labels wirelessly. Add a printer to print a configuration label from the zebra set up utilities app but if I try to print a label online via XPs ship the iPad does not find the printer. I’ve been on the phone with zebra and with XPs ship. Any info is appreciated thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:54 PM

Unless Zebra printers have unexpectedly introduced AirPrint to its repertoire, then network printing will not be directly supported by iPad.

iPadOS/iOS does not support installation of individual device drivers - except through use of an installable App. If such an App exists, for network printing you will be reliant upon either a PC/Mac (with a “helper” Application installed) to which you will connect the Zebra printer, or you’ll need an appropriate Print Server installed on your wired network. Otherwise, the App will presumably need to print via Bluetooth.

Zebra”s own documentation suggests that iOS Apps might exist:

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/product-information/en-us/brochures-datasheets/software/ios-app-whitelisting-faq-en.pdf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 2:54 PM in response to ned224

Unless Zebra printers have unexpectedly introduced AirPrint to its repertoire, then network printing will not be directly supported by iPad.

iPadOS/iOS does not support installation of individual device drivers - except through use of an installable App. If such an App exists, for network printing you will be reliant upon either a PC/Mac (with a “helper” Application installed) to which you will connect the Zebra printer, or you’ll need an appropriate Print Server installed on your wired network. Otherwise, the App will presumably need to print via Bluetooth.

Zebra”s own documentation suggests that iOS Apps might exist:

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/product-information/en-us/brochures-datasheets/software/ios-app-whitelisting-faq-en.pdf

ipad pro connect to zq520

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.