Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No location found" for friend in Find My on iPhone

A few weeks ago, I was able to see my friend's FIND MY location but just last week, even when his location settings and mobile data settings are all on, I still couldn't see his location unless he open the app then I would be able to see but once he closes his app, I wont be able to locate him anymore. The states on my side would show that there is "no location found" but on his side, he could see mine very clearly even if I have close my app. Why is this and how could we slove this? Because it doesn't make sense that it was working very well a few weeks ago but then last week it just stopped when none of us pressed anything towards the FIND MY app.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 11:54 PM

I have a act Ly the same issue, with 3 out 6 contacts on Find My, which come up with “No Location Found” unless they have the app open on their phone, at which point it works fine.

hiw fo you fix this?

53 replies

Dec 2, 2020 7:25 AM in response to LetItRip

No this is not the fix. Again, nothing has changed on my iPhone. Location Services is always on. The only thing that has been changed is that my iPhone was updated about 3 weeks ago with the new iOS. And I have gone in after the update to verify that all settings are still set properly.

This is a problem on APPLE'S end. Please fix it, as I can no longer track my family locations.

Dec 13, 2020 5:36 AM in response to steviez44

Did you ever fix this issue? I just woke up and checked find my iphone and no locations were being shown for any of my devices except my phone. Just says no location for my air pod, my moms phone, and my dads phone. My parents didn’t do anything and they don’t even know how to change location/find my iphone settings, so i have no idea what’s happening here. Any help would be appreciated

Dec 2, 2020 5:54 AM in response to peterwoo

I was able to track everyone on the “Devices” tab in “Find My” but “No location found” was beside everyone on “People” tab. At that point I noticed in Settings>Privacy>Location Services that “Find My” was set to “Never”. I changed it to “While Using The App”. Figured that would fix it. Nope. It then dawned on me I had to use my Apple ID on another device until I got my new phone. The problems started right after I traded in my old iPhone. Well I did an erase all content and data on my trade-in which turns Find My off and I would bet Location Services thus affecting “Find My”. I had to turn off find my with each friend and re-request and have them approve to get it to show the locations under People. I chalk this up to my fault. I don’t see a way around it on a trade in though if you wipe the phone properly. Maybe this is what happened to some of you as well.

Nov 17, 2020 7:53 PM in response to Sa5mmyg98

This may happen due to low speed of the network or high traffic in the network. It is working fine with me. Try restarting your device.Also update your devices to the latest softwares. It also may happen due to large gap in the softwares. I can't find my iPhone 4s in 'Find My' app. I am not sure if its due to the software gap but I believe its because of that.

Hope this helps.

Jan 23, 2021 12:01 PM in response to Coxy68

Welcome Coxy68 - The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh, I have just reviewed the 14.4 release notes - you are right, no mention of issue acknowledgement or pending fix for "Find My". b4uabb has mentioned Apple awareness of "Find My" current issues, looking forward to his Upcoming Apple response.

Interesting to note Android world wide sales are back on an upward sales trend - Louis Rossman may have another chuckle when he reviews the upcoming update - lol

iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:

• Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max

Jan 23, 2021 11:22 AM in response to John_57

I just got another email from Apple Support indicates that they still working on the issue. I don’t know how it worked out on our phones. I have 2 iPhones 12, one xr and one 7. Initially, only the 12 communicated so I thought the issue was due to the phones; however, after I tried using the message app to share location, they works so I don’t think it is hardwares. Even my old iPhone 5s showed up.

Jan 14, 2021 1:14 PM in response to LetItRip

Issue of Find My also problematic with iOS 14.3 - even upon following all online and Apple suggestions, "No location found" for all people in "find my" no longer available - this is clearly an Apple issue, and hopefully resolved within the next iOS update.

Very frustrating when so called improvements are made and changes to iOS take away features and functions we have grown to depend on. I and many others are loyal Apple consumers, I feel we all deserve better than the online runaround to resolve issues that are suggested and recommended without positive results. I do appreciate those who at least try and make the effort - however Apple tech does need to step up when changes to iOS fail.

"No location found" for friend in Find My on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.