Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air is overheating.

My macbook air is overheating. I don't hear the fan coming on. I took it in to apple support in January. They agreed and sent it in but apple support sent it back saying there was no problem. How do I fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 8:17 PM

If your Mac shuts down due to an overheat condition because its fan isn't working that's a problem.

Contact Apple again and tell them it's not fixed. You might try running Apple Diagnostics to determine if the fan is working or not: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac.

4 replies

Jun 26, 2020 7:26 AM in response to daleastar

daleastar Said:

"my macbook air is overheating.: My macbook air is overheating. I don't hear the fan coming on. I took it in to apple support in January. They agreed and sent it in but apple support sent it back saying there was no problem. How do I fix this? [...] It hasn't shut down but probably because I bought a laptop cooler I keep underneath it when I use it"

-------

Use Screensharing on an iPhone:

If you do call Apple Support back, perform what is provided here: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support

my macbook air is overheating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.