Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a second display (Dell) connected to my iMac. How do I toggle the cursor between different applications on the two displays.

I have a second display (Dell) connected to my iMac. How do I toggle the cursor between different applications on the different screens. My cursor cannot be dragged from one screen to the other--it stops at the border.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 1:54 AM

it could be the arrangement which is not as you think

or maybe you put it into mirror mode rather than extending mode

try reading

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 26, 2020 5:01 AM in response to DodgerBlue1

Your mac probably thinks the Dell monitor is located on a different side. To test this try dragging the cursor off all four edges: one edge should lead to the second display.

To fix a location/alignment issue go to:

-> About This Mac -> Displays -> Display Preferences... -> Arrangement

You should see two blue rectangles representing the iMac and external monitor. By default the one with the white bar on top is your iMac. Click and drag the the other rectangle until it is on your right/left/top depending on if the dell monitor is right/left/above the iMac.

I have a second display (Dell) connected to my iMac. How do I toggle the cursor between different applications on the two displays.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.