Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey Siri no longer working while music plays during my workouts

Ever since the last update my "Hey siri" no longer responds while my music plays. I have been using this feature for years during my jogs or intense workout to turn volume up/down or skip a song, along with while my hands are dirty and I am doing DIY projects, dishes, etc. I listen to music every day! This is a major inconvenience and what is the point of the Siri feature if it wont respond in a way I use it most?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:55 PM

If you're having issues with Hey Siri, try one or more of the following:

• In Settings, go to Siri & Search and turn Listen for "Hey Siri" OFF. Then, turn it back on and set up "Hey Siri" again.
  • In Settings, go to Accessibility > Siri, turn on Always Listen for "Hey Siri"
  • Check that the microphones on your iPhone or headphones are functioning properly.

This article may also be helpful: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 12:55 PM in response to laughinglotus

If you're having issues with Hey Siri, try one or more of the following:

• In Settings, go to Siri & Search and turn Listen for "Hey Siri" OFF. Then, turn it back on and set up "Hey Siri" again.
  • In Settings, go to Accessibility > Siri, turn on Always Listen for "Hey Siri"
  • Check that the microphones on your iPhone or headphones are functioning properly.

This article may also be helpful: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

Hey Siri no longer working while music plays during my workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.