Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode numbers delete as I enter my passcode

As I enter my passcode, I can see the phone "hitting a backspace" and deleting some of the numbers. Its like someone is hitting backspace as I type in my passcode. If I go really really slow it won't hit backspace. Usually it just deletes one number in the middle of my 6 digit passcode. You can see the number has been pressed...

X00000

XX0000

XXX000

random delete happens

XX0000

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 4:26 PM

AreElKay wrote:

As I enter my passcode, I can see the phone "hitting a backspace" and deleting some of the numbers.

You need to tap the number, not do swipe gesture on it. If you do swipe gesture, then it's not accepted as tap.

For me, "swipe" can happened when I operate iPhone one hand in which I'm holding it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 4:26 PM in response to AreElKay

AreElKay wrote:

As I enter my passcode, I can see the phone "hitting a backspace" and deleting some of the numbers.

You need to tap the number, not do swipe gesture on it. If you do swipe gesture, then it's not accepted as tap.

For me, "swipe" can happened when I operate iPhone one hand in which I'm holding it.

Passcode numbers delete as I enter my passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.