Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud for Windows not working

I have had an ongoing problem with Icloud for Windows that neither Apple or Microsoft have been able to fix.

Briefly, Icloud for Windows simply won't work.

Today, I successfully installed Windows 10 version 2004.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Icloud for Windows.

I keep getting the same message that Icloud for Windows wasn't installed correctly.

This is the ongoing issue that started about the same time Microsoft updated its Office products - about three months ago.

Previously, I had everything integrated and it worked fine.

I used Icloud as my "base" for contacts and appointments. This used to "sync" down to MS Outlook.

But all of a sudden everything stopped. I lost my address books on MS Outlook.

In the meantime, if I need to send an email from Outlook my my (Windows 10) PC at home, I have to write out the email address and then enter it manually at the start of each email.

I have spent about 10 hours on the phone with Apple support who have been very good but "stumped" even though the technician has "reached out" and the case has been "escalated" - both many times.

The Apple techicians have acknoweldged there is an issue to be resolved. Apparently, it's a very uncommon issue but I've been advised there are a handful of cases - from different parts of the world - experiencing the same problem.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts or tips on what I should do next.

Paul in Australia

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 1:16 PM

My problem was resolved after many calls to Apple support. After experiencing several instances of the "we value your custom" and other meaningless phrases, my case was "escalated" and, quite by chance, I got connected to a lovely "case worker" called Amy who I gather was based in Perth, Australia. She took me through the (literally) 101 steps to resolve the problem and it worked. The total time was more than two hours but it was worth it. Amy told me the problem was rare but it happens from time to time and she knew the detailed procedures of how to fix it. It's a pity that finding appropriate support like this is a hit or miss affair. I would have given Amy a 10/10 rating if I was asked to do a survey.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 1:16 PM in response to Munchkin21

My problem was resolved after many calls to Apple support. After experiencing several instances of the "we value your custom" and other meaningless phrases, my case was "escalated" and, quite by chance, I got connected to a lovely "case worker" called Amy who I gather was based in Perth, Australia. She took me through the (literally) 101 steps to resolve the problem and it worked. The total time was more than two hours but it was worth it. Amy told me the problem was rare but it happens from time to time and she knew the detailed procedures of how to fix it. It's a pity that finding appropriate support like this is a hit or miss affair. I would have given Amy a 10/10 rating if I was asked to do a survey.

Icloud for Windows not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.