Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I bring back slide over while in Safari on the iPad?

Bringing back slide over with a swipe from the right side of the screen works fine for me except in safari where instead it reads it as jumping one page forward (after I went back one or multiple pages).

This is super annoying since I can‘t find a way to differentiate the two gestures. Nor can I find a place to turn off the gestures for safari.

Any ideas to solve this issue?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 2:05 PM

Well to hide the slide over window I swipe to the right starting the gesture at the left edge of the slide over window. Using the drag-bar works too. Both ways hide the window.

For exposing the window again while in any other app than safari I swipe left from the right edge of the screen and it exposes the slide over window.

If I slide left from the right side of the screen when in safari, instead of exposing slide over, safari goes a page forward.

In other words: I hide slide over, then go one or more pages back in safari, then want to bring out slide over again but only move forward in safari again. I have to switch to a different app, bring out slide over, then switch back to safari... which is cumbersome to do.

EDIT: I just found out that if I only swipe a tiny bit left, then an arrow appears and if I then drag that arrow out, the slide over window appears without safari changing page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 2:05 PM in response to LotusPilot

Well to hide the slide over window I swipe to the right starting the gesture at the left edge of the slide over window. Using the drag-bar works too. Both ways hide the window.

For exposing the window again while in any other app than safari I swipe left from the right edge of the screen and it exposes the slide over window.

If I slide left from the right side of the screen when in safari, instead of exposing slide over, safari goes a page forward.

In other words: I hide slide over, then go one or more pages back in safari, then want to bring out slide over again but only move forward in safari again. I have to switch to a different app, bring out slide over, then switch back to safari... which is cumbersome to do.

EDIT: I just found out that if I only swipe a tiny bit left, then an arrow appears and if I then drag that arrow out, the slide over window appears without safari changing page.

How can I bring back slide over while in Safari on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.