Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore functionality of Go menu in Finder?

I have a MacBook Air in addition to my primary MacBook Pro.

MacBook Air has always been accessible from the Go Menu in Finder under sub-categories Network or Computer. I could always access the Screen of the MBAir and transfer items between the 2 computers wirelessly.

Suddenly today, the MacBook Air is totally absent under the Go menu drop-down.

How to restore this functionality?? - which I created so long ago I have no memory of how I did it!

I have installed a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Mesh device yesterday before this problem occurred!

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:23 PM

I first posted a quite lengthy step-by-step response.

It got wiped out!

I tried to let you know that my reply got deleted by Computer God -- or coronavirus . . . .

But that got wiped out too!

I'll be back tomorrow.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 27, 2020 5:44 PM in response to pwwwayne

Perhaps the MBA is not connected to the same "mesh."

Go > Computer wouldn't show other network devices unless you mounted it via File Sharing.

Go > Network should show anything that is on the Network that is advertising some sharing service, like File Sharing.

Make sure File Sharing is enabled in the MBA Sharing System Preferences.

Make sure the MBA is connect to the same WiFi network that the MBP is connected to.

If you open the Sharing System Preferences on the MBA and look at the File Sharing service, you should see an IP address that will allow you to connect to the MBA.

On the MBP, type cmd-K in the Finder and type in that full address, e.g.

smb://192.168.1.2

That will see if you can connect to the MBA

Jun 28, 2020 11:35 AM in response to pwwwayne

Astonishingly, everything is communicating beautifully today!

I wanted that "Solved" to be applied to Bernie-15E but it is a mystery to me how those annotations get placed properly and correctly or get changed once applied.

His initial reply provided some kind of guidance!!!

I wonder if the Linksys Mesh device eventually did something useful to "clean up" my difficulties?

It also appears that my local VPN has been screwing things up?

How to restore functionality of Go menu in Finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.