Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update iOS

Hi

My Wifi module on my iPhone 5 SE is malfunction (confirmed by the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store) and I am not able to update to the latest iOS due to this. I can't update via 4G network.

Ironically, I can download new apps, update existing app all via 4G network but.

Yes, once I have saved enough for the new iPhone, the current 5SE will be my 3rd iPhone for my collection.

Is there a way to bypass the restriction that I must be on Wifi network to install the iOS update?

Kindly advise the necessary. Thank you.

Regards,

James

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 8:59 PM

You can update your device by using a computer as instructed in this article by Apple ➔ Update your iPhone - Apple Support.

Scroll down to the section titled as Update your device using your computer for the instructions.

Axel F.

4 replies

Jun 28, 2020 6:39 PM in response to Axel Foley

The current way, I lost all my voice memo, I can't find the previous backup (in iTunes I can restore the iPhone to where I have backup in the past).

Maybe I just do not know how to use the new method. Having learnt the "old" way and so accustomed to it. Anyway, thanks for sharing and encouragement. I tend to "forget it and move on"...

Can't update iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.