Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook is sleeping directly when non-charging and connected to an HDMI extend mode.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

While charging, my macbook pro is functioning perfectly with extend mode. But once I take the charger out and close the screen the other screen I'm connected to through an hdmi cable is not working anymore. The whole system goes sleep.

So in a nutshel, once my laptop screen is closed, and connected to another screen (hdmi) while charging, nothing happens.

But once I take the charger out, all of the system goes sleeping and the second screen goes off.

So can you please tell me how can I prevent that?

Thank you so much in advance for helping.

Regards,

Aghyad

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:55 PM

Hello aghyad.s,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you need help with your MacBook display powering off when you put it to sleep. We are happy to help out. This is expected behavior that you are seeing.

Check out the following support article, which provides information on this: Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 4:55 PM in response to aghyad.s

Hello aghyad.s,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you need help with your MacBook display powering off when you put it to sleep. We are happy to help out. This is expected behavior that you are seeing.

Check out the following support article, which provides information on this: Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display

Cheers!

Macbook is sleeping directly when non-charging and connected to an HDMI extend mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.