Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating the iphone 11 pro from the restore screen could not be completed due to an unknown error. Before the whole update could be finished,the connection is lost between the PC and the phone.Any help?

My iphone 11 pro went into the restore mode.I dont want to lose any data so i dont want to restore the phone.So i am trying to update the phone as suggested by the Apple support.I succeeded once and my phone was back to normal operation but it didnt last more than 2 days and again my phone is in the same state.So now when i am trying to update the phone,the whole process goes normally but at the end,the connection between the PC and the phone is cut and the update cant be completed.

I dont have the backup of my phone so i am really worried about my memories worth 200 gb in the phone.

Can anyone pl help???

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 10:34 PM

Connect iPhone to Computer

Settings > Touch/Face ID & Passcode > USB Accessories > [Enable]

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Windows PC —> Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows - Apple Community

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 10:34 PM in response to Shivalpu

Connect iPhone to Computer

Settings > Touch/Face ID & Passcode > USB Accessories > [Enable]

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Windows PC —> Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows - Apple Community

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

Updating the iphone 11 pro from the restore screen could not be completed due to an unknown error. Before the whole update could be finished,the connection is lost between the PC and the phone.Any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.