Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 13.5.1 update privacy issues

I just updated to new version (ios 13.5.1) on my iPhone XR.

Afterwards i tried to save photos from apps and they state that they need to request access to photos. I have done this previously before update. Now when I go to settings>privacy>photos the list shows no apps requested access and no apps has access.

This issue is the same for my camera.

I'll just write what is show on screen

" Photos stored on your iPhone may contain other information such as where and when the photo was taken, and the depth of field.

Apps that have requested access to your photos will appear here"

The above is all I see. I proceed to apps to work on settings of to prompt a notification for enabling access and it forward to my settings of that app (eg settings>instagram). Under allow 'Instagram to access' it does not show access settings for photos and videos. Only access to siri, notification, background app refresh and mobile data.

I tested on other apps such as twitter, whatsapp, facebook and all other apps that require access but didn't work.

I searched online but found no answer and no one facing similar issues.

A post said to reset location and privacy which I did. Now my face recognition settings has also disappeared.

I want to downgrade my ios version... This was the worst decision to upgrade when I saw that privacy and security issues that solved.

Please help. If any more info is needed, please also direct me how to get those info...

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 5:21 PM

Hello tycoon54321,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like you're having an issue with some third-party apps no longer authorized to access your photos and we'd like to help out.

After updating the iOS, it's always a good idea to also check for any app updates. Here's how you can manually check:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Have you restarted your iPhone since noticing this issue? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unusual issues.

Restart your iPhone 

Try to save a photo from these apps again, and see if they prompt for permission.

If not, you can offload the apps, which is different than deleting and redownloading, as your data from the app is not deleted.

Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Tap the app > Offload app > Offload app again.

Wait for the app to offload. Then tap Reinstall app.

After reinstall is completed, test again.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 5:21 PM in response to tycoon54321

Hello tycoon54321,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like you're having an issue with some third-party apps no longer authorized to access your photos and we'd like to help out.

After updating the iOS, it's always a good idea to also check for any app updates. Here's how you can manually check:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Have you restarted your iPhone since noticing this issue? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unusual issues.

Restart your iPhone 

Try to save a photo from these apps again, and see if they prompt for permission.

If not, you can offload the apps, which is different than deleting and redownloading, as your data from the app is not deleted.

Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Tap the app > Offload app > Offload app again.

Wait for the app to offload. Then tap Reinstall app.

After reinstall is completed, test again.

Take care!

IOS 13.5.1 update privacy issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.