Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health decreased 2% in less than two days. Should I be worried?

I have had my iPhone 8 since Black Friday 2019, so the 29th/30th November. It’s usual trend is to decrease in battery health 1% every month; I have been told this is normal. What is not normal, however, is that the battery has gone down by 2% in the last two days. My battery health is at 92% and my phone is only about 7 months old now. Should I be worried about this?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 7:14 AM

Hi, celine322.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re concerned that the capacity of your iPhone battery has reduced faster than expected over the last month. 

Your iPhone battery capacity is calculated by charge cycles. A complete charge cycle occurs when an amount that equals 100% of your battery charge has been discharged. Have you been charging your battery more frequently recently? 

If so, review your battery usage to see if you can pinpoint a specific app or process using most of your battery resources. We also suggest following the suggestions to improve your battery life here.

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 7:14 AM in response to celine322

Hi, celine322.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re concerned that the capacity of your iPhone battery has reduced faster than expected over the last month. 

Your iPhone battery capacity is calculated by charge cycles. A complete charge cycle occurs when an amount that equals 100% of your battery charge has been discharged. Have you been charging your battery more frequently recently? 

If so, review your battery usage to see if you can pinpoint a specific app or process using most of your battery resources. We also suggest following the suggestions to improve your battery life here.

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jul 6, 2020 12:31 PM in response to celine322

celine322,

We totally get being confused about the battery life on your iPhone. Let’s take look at your battery usage to see if we can determine why your capacity is reducing.

If you go to Settings > Battery, do you see any suggestions? Some examples might be to Reduce Brightness, Enable Auto-Lock, or Auto-Brightness. If you do, try enabling the suggestions here.

Then tap “Last 24 Hours” and review the “Battery Usage by App” section. Do you see an app or service using a large portion of your battery?

These tips will also help:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Cheers.

Battery Health decreased 2% in less than two days. Should I be worried?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.