Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Cannot verify server identity of google.com" unrelated to Mail

Everyday when I first open my phone, I get several error messages with either "Cannot verify server of google.com" or "Cannot verify server of calendar.google.com," with two buttons, Details and Cancel, both of which just close the error message. I've searched up the issue on other threads but they all relate to Mail and I've never opened the Mail app. I also uninstalled the Calendar app but that didn't work either. How can I fix this problem? It's getting really annoying.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 5:03 PM

Hi anaconja,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you are getting verification errors for a google account.

Although you don't use Mail and you have deleted Calendar, this could still be related. Have a look at Settings > Passwords & Accounts. Do you see a Gmail account in there? If so, and you don't use it, try deleting it. You can see an example here: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch under "How to set up your email account manually".

If you want to use these features, then there may be a password issue with your Google account. They may be requiring some kind of verification.

Have a fantastic weekend!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 5:03 PM in response to anaconja

Hi anaconja,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you are getting verification errors for a google account.

Although you don't use Mail and you have deleted Calendar, this could still be related. Have a look at Settings > Passwords & Accounts. Do you see a Gmail account in there? If so, and you don't use it, try deleting it. You can see an example here: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch under "How to set up your email account manually".

If you want to use these features, then there may be a password issue with your Google account. They may be requiring some kind of verification.

Have a fantastic weekend!

"Cannot verify server identity of google.com" unrelated to Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.