Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen

My iPhone was working fine until my screen started to glitch and show purple and white lines all over. Then the phone screen turned black and will not turn on. I can hear vibrations when I plug it in and also can hear when someone calls me. I have managed to answer the call while the screen was still black and can hear the other person on the call. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 1:08 AM

1. Restart the device. That's it.
  2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  4. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 1:08 AM in response to 2m2_

1. Restart the device. That's it.
  2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  4. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:

Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.