Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my ssid found

I need the ssid to connect my phone to my roku tv

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 3:53 AM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2020 8:26 AM in response to jolene81

“Where” will be different for everyone, as it depends on your internet provider. If you only have cellular internet, then you don’t have an SSID.

The router-modem from your ISP for your home internet will probably have a pre-configured default SSID, either as detailed in the documentation or a separate letter, or using a sticker on the side or bottom of the router-modem. Ask your ISP if unsure. But the SSID name can be changed by you to any name you want (up to 32 bytes/characters). See your router-modem documentation. Ask your ISP if unsure.

You can connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network in Settings﹥Wi-Fi﹥. There you can also see to which network (SSID) it is currently connected, if any. The phone will also scan for any visible Wi-Fi networks in the neighborhood. Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 30, 2020 6:10 AM in response to jolene81

I believe, it was stated that it is set in your router. However, what it is is probably more appropriate, it's the network name. You probably know it already and have used it plenty of times.

For example, if you take your laptop to a coffee shop and attempt to connect to the local Wi-Fi network, your screen will display a list of SSIDs

Where is my ssid found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.