Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

separating icloud accounts

I have an iPhone 7 and my husband also has an iPhone 7 as well as an iPad. He does not use email, so all three devices were set up using my email. He does actually have an email address that has only been used to set up a Facebook account. He needs more icloud storage on both devices. However, I realized when he got these new devices that everything from my account was backing up to his devices and I believe if we just click to add storage that we will continue to back up everything on both accounts.

What is the best way for me to separate the accounts? Can I simply edit out my email (or icloud) address on his devices and put in his email? Will this preserve his content and separate future content?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 12:23 PM

Welcome to the Apple community.

In my mind the best thing to do would be for each of you to have your own Apple ID. There may be a little work involved in getting your currently shared information to both your IDs and then sorting it, but I tend to think it will be worth it.

Similar questions

1 reply

separating icloud accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.