Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not available for my macbook pro 2013

Hi there, I need help with regards to my macbook pro 2013 camera. It's not turning on when I open facetime, photobooth, zoom etc. It says, "facetime has not received any video from the connected camera...." in other apps it says, "camera not available."

Here's what I did:

1. Reset SMC,  NVRAM or PRAM
  2. Use another account
  3. Clean install - I performed clean install from Catalina downgrade to High Sierra, then going back to Catalina nothing happened.
  4. I bought an external webcam - it did work once after a few tries.

Now, I have no more clues what to do. A bit frustrated because I need the camera for my online teaching. I hope there's someone out there who can help me. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 2:59 AM

Sorry to say, but it sounds as if your camera is no longer functioning; that is why no video signal is arriving.

You've tried the actions I would have suggested to no avail.

Likely to need a hardware fix I'm afraid.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 1, 2020 3:27 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it.

By the way, my camera can be detected in system report. Also, if my built in camera is the problem, then why is it the web camera I bought is also not working? My poor theory is, I think it's a driver problem? As if my mac cannot process or read any video at all.

What you guys out there think?

Thank you for the help.

Camera not available for my macbook pro 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.