Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera

My camera is not working in the program "Photo booth and FaceTime". When I open the programs there just stands there is not connected a camera. I can't understand why my MacBook Pro can't find my camera. All this startet when I updated my Software to Big sure.

I have tried to check all the boxes there shall have a tick and that did not work. Then I have tried to reset the computer with delete the control system and reinstall, that did not work either.

What can I do some the next?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 7:36 AM

How to reset the SMC of your Mac and perform this action 3 times consecutively. Sometimes during an upgrade, things needs to put right. Then TEST

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - and perform this action 3 times consecutively. Then TEST.

Should the above fail to fix this - please restart in Safe Mode, Shift key immediately at startup. It will load slowly - normal as it will do a repairs disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. It will also offer insights if there is some third party software, extensions interring with the normal operation of the OS - then Test again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 7:36 AM in response to rasmus120

How to reset the SMC of your Mac and perform this action 3 times consecutively. Sometimes during an upgrade, things needs to put right. Then TEST

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - and perform this action 3 times consecutively. Then TEST.

Should the above fail to fix this - please restart in Safe Mode, Shift key immediately at startup. It will load slowly - normal as it will do a repairs disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. It will also offer insights if there is some third party software, extensions interring with the normal operation of the OS - then Test again.

Jul 5, 2021 9:31 AM in response to rasmus120

I have never been able to access the camera in Photo Booth either, ever since installing Big Sur. No problems with FaceTime, though.

Neither Photo Booth nor FaceTime appear as authorized in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy->Camera; but then neither does Quicktime Player. Only Photo Booth fails to use the camera - but the green light still turns on. Weird.

The same also happens in a new user account.

Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.