Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not Working Any Ideas Why

Help my camera on my MacBook Pro is saying it cannot be detected. I went to do a zoom and it wouldn't load. I tried to open FaceTime its says it isn't there I opened hardware and it says it is not detected? This is a first.

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:47 PM

1ndirishfan wrote:

Help my camera on my MacBook Pro is saying it cannot be detected. I went to do a zoom and it wouldn't load. I tried to open FaceTime its says it isn't there I opened hardware and it says it is not detected? This is a first.

If the camera is not detected in >(Option key) System Information>Hardware >Camera

then you have a hardware issue

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

if the camera is recognized by system

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to test and compare your results

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 12:47 PM in response to 1ndirishfan

1ndirishfan wrote:

If the camera is not detected in >(Option key) System Information>Hardware >Camera

then you have a hardware issue

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

if the camera is recognized by system

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to test and compare your results

Camera not Working Any Ideas Why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.