Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if an IPhone is waterproof why is water damage not covered?

how is it that the iphone 10 is waterproof but mine gets water on it and dies?

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 8:06 AM

Hi. I think maybe the premise of the question is flawed and that answers the rest, at least as a practical matter. SO, the deal is that although the iPhone X does have a degree of water resistance, but is not waterproof. Apple strongly recommends against submerging the phone for even a moment. Or even using it near large amounts of moisture. This all is explained much better here: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

-- JDee

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 8:06 AM in response to GabrielFGoodwin

Hi. I think maybe the premise of the question is flawed and that answers the rest, at least as a practical matter. SO, the deal is that although the iPhone X does have a degree of water resistance, but is not waterproof. Apple strongly recommends against submerging the phone for even a moment. Or even using it near large amounts of moisture. This all is explained much better here: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

-- JDee

Jul 1, 2020 8:17 AM in response to GabrielFGoodwin

Water resistance does not equate to water proof. All it means is your device has a better chance of surviving water exposure than a non-water resistant device would have. But the IP67 or IP68 rating is not any sort of guarantee that exposure to water won’t damage a device.

All smart phone makers selling IP rated water resistance devices have warranties whose terms state that evidence of water damage voids the warranty. None of them cover damage from exposure to water.

if an IPhone is waterproof why is water damage not covered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.