Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store Gift Card Bought instead of a ITunes one

Hi I accidentally bought a gift card for the Apple store. I wanted to buy an iTunes one. Any ideas on what I could do? I can’t physically go to a store because I’m quarantined in another country!

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 7:51 AM

Hi. There doesn't appear to be a straightforward way to exchange the two types of gift cards Apple sells, at least not online. There are, however, reports that it's doable by telephone (providing the Apple Store card must have all its original value on it). Call Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-676-2775) [in the U.S.]

Good luck!

-- JDee

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 7:51 AM in response to Tinkerbehl17

Hi. There doesn't appear to be a straightforward way to exchange the two types of gift cards Apple sells, at least not online. There are, however, reports that it's doable by telephone (providing the Apple Store card must have all its original value on it). Call Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-676-2775) [in the U.S.]

Good luck!

-- JDee

Apple Store Gift Card Bought instead of a ITunes one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.