Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are there no notification options for icloud space?

I can turn off all annoying popup and notification popups from other apps that are trying to sell me stuff except Apple. It appears that Apple has given itself elevated access to spamming my iphone with warnings to rent out icloud space for backups. This is a massive double standard. Please fix this.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 11:45 AM

If your iCloud storage is full or very near full, those nags will not stop. They will only stop if you delete content to free up space in iCLoud, or subscribe for more storage.

When iCloud storage is full, you risk not receiving iCloud emails and not being able to send them either. Photos and other data may be lost or corrupted. It’s no different then when your Mac or Windows computer disk is full and the OS constantly nags you of that fact. You’d be getting nag emails, notifications or texts if you used Google Drive, or Dropbox or any other cloud storage service and had filled up your quota.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 11:45 AM in response to Gregory R.

If your iCloud storage is full or very near full, those nags will not stop. They will only stop if you delete content to free up space in iCLoud, or subscribe for more storage.

When iCloud storage is full, you risk not receiving iCloud emails and not being able to send them either. Photos and other data may be lost or corrupted. It’s no different then when your Mac or Windows computer disk is full and the OS constantly nags you of that fact. You’d be getting nag emails, notifications or texts if you used Google Drive, or Dropbox or any other cloud storage service and had filled up your quota.

Why are there no notification options for icloud space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.