Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you disable the “iCloud Storage is Almost Full” notifications?

I’m using 4.7-something GB of the 5 GB of free iCloud storage at the moment. When I had used 75% of that 5 GB, iCloud emailed me pestering me to pay for more iCloud storage, which I do not want to do. I trashed the email and moved on. At 4.5 GB, I got a notification pestering me to pay for more iCloud storage, which I dismissed. A few minutes later, there was a notification bubble above the settings app on my home screen. I opened the settings app to see what the notification was, and it was a page pestering me to pay for more iCloud storage. I pressed “Not Now”, and it went away. Since then, the ads for additional iCloud storage have gotten exponentially more incessant. I get a notification at least once an hour, although sometimes a new one will appear only a few minutes after dismissing the old one. There is also a permanent notification bubble above my settings app, and even if I go into settings and press “Not Now” on the iCloud ad, the “iCloud Storage is Almost Full” warning stays at the top of my settings app (right below my Apple ID), and the notification bubble stays above my settings app. How do I stop this? I do not want to pay for the extra storage, which seems to be the only solution that anyone online offers. I am aware I can get ten times more storage for $12 a year, but I’m not going to spend that money when I have already paid for 128 GB of storage on the phone itself. I am completely fine if all iCloud-related services stop when this storage completely fills up, but I want the notifications to stop as well.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:52 PM

To stop the notifications you either need to delete content until the free space is sufficient the nags stop automatically. Or you need to subscribe for more space. Those are the only two ways the nags will ever stop.

Like any online storage system, the system automatically alerts you when you’re running out of storage. You cannot disable that. When full or near full, iCloud email may stop sending or receiving, contacts, notes, calendars may become corrupt, backups will fail or be corrupted, etc. Since iCloud is a service and all iCloud services are dependent on sufficient free storage, the nags are automatic so you won’t be surprised when either a service fails, or the data for it becomes corrupted.

Since iCloud sync’s all sorts of data, like notes, contacts, etc, corrupted iCloud content could end up in corrupted content on your device. And since backups will be failing, you will lose data.

You can turn off iCloud email, contacts and other sync’d data services and just stop using them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 4:52 PM in response to PsychoJacket

To stop the notifications you either need to delete content until the free space is sufficient the nags stop automatically. Or you need to subscribe for more space. Those are the only two ways the nags will ever stop.

Like any online storage system, the system automatically alerts you when you’re running out of storage. You cannot disable that. When full or near full, iCloud email may stop sending or receiving, contacts, notes, calendars may become corrupt, backups will fail or be corrupted, etc. Since iCloud is a service and all iCloud services are dependent on sufficient free storage, the nags are automatic so you won’t be surprised when either a service fails, or the data for it becomes corrupted.

Since iCloud sync’s all sorts of data, like notes, contacts, etc, corrupted iCloud content could end up in corrupted content on your device. And since backups will be failing, you will lose data.

You can turn off iCloud email, contacts and other sync’d data services and just stop using them.

How can you disable the “iCloud Storage is Almost Full” notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.