Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2018 crack on bezel

Hi everyone. I have a little crack at the very bottom right corner of my iPad. So it’s on the bezel. There is no any crack or shatter on the touch display. Apple Trade in program conditions confused me. It asks if the device’s touch display is free of cracks. I’m not sure how to answer that for my case. Has anyone experienced something like this?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 3:10 PM

In context of screen damage, the “screen” is the entire glass surface the covers the entire front surface of the iPad. The “screen” is not restricted to the “active area”.

As you describe, you have cracked screen.

Whist potentially disappointing, I hope this information provides some useful clarity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 3:10 PM in response to emrerkn

In context of screen damage, the “screen” is the entire glass surface the covers the entire front surface of the iPad. The “screen” is not restricted to the “active area”.

As you describe, you have cracked screen.

Whist potentially disappointing, I hope this information provides some useful clarity.

iPad Pro 2018 crack on bezel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.