Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move a font from Font Book to /Library/Fonts?

I am assuming that, in order to be able to use Apple Chancery font in Microsoft Word for Mac (Version 16.38 - 2019) I need to have the Apple Chancery font in my Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts file? I've checked and it's not listed, however it is listed in the Font Book and, after a bit of fiddling, I managed to get it to show up in Pages (it isn't in the default font list in Pages). I have tried opening two Finder windows and dragging the Apple Chancery font to the /Library/Fonts file but it won't move. I would be very grateful if someone can tell me how I can use the Apple Chancery font in Microsoft Word for Mac. Tricia

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 3:09 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 2, 2020 3:35 AM in response to Marco Klobas

Thank you for your response. I think my problem was that I was looking in Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts instead of Macintosh HD/System/Library/Fonts. I checked my /System/Library/Fonts and you'r right it is definitely listed in the Supplemental folder. I re-opened Microsoft Word and searched once more. This time I was able to locate and choose the font in Microsoft Word - many thanks for such a quick response.

How do I move a font from Font Book to /Library/Fonts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.