Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add Garamond to my Font book on MAC (Big Sur)

Garamond is not in my Font Book. And this is causing problems with Scrivener.

An answer to my question was posted here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8401159

But does not work for me. When I 'Go to Folder' inputting the following: /Library/Application Support/Apple/Fonts/iWork, there is no Fonts folder there, nor an iWork folder.

I do not have iWork on my computer. It's a brand new computer with Big Sur (came with Catalina, I upgraded on opening). I downloaded and installed Pages, to see if this would change things, as this was not on the computer when I bought it, but Garamond still is not an option. It is an option in Word, but most of my documents were written with Garamond.

In ~/Library/Fonts, the only font there is an alias to Arial Unicode.ttf

The above thread states "Apple installs the Garamond TrueType collection (.ttc) by default when the operating system is installed." I don't seem to have it installed anywhere.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 9:34 AM

You will need to obtain Garamond from a free font download site or purchase the OpenType family, depending on the Garamond fonts that you need. Google has the free EB Garamond and Cormorant Garamond for download. Otherwise, Garamond is not in Big Sur.

A Google search of the string, "free+opentype+Garamond+font" should reveal several locations where you can download the Garamond font.

Do not confuse /Library/Fonts (where that Arial Unicode.ttf font is located, with your local ~/Library/Fonts (/Users/username/Library/Fonts) folder location. The latter is the only location on Big Sur where you can add any new fonts, and have the System and your applications automatically discover them.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 9:34 AM in response to sandjensen11

You will need to obtain Garamond from a free font download site or purchase the OpenType family, depending on the Garamond fonts that you need. Google has the free EB Garamond and Cormorant Garamond for download. Otherwise, Garamond is not in Big Sur.

A Google search of the string, "free+opentype+Garamond+font" should reveal several locations where you can download the Garamond font.

Do not confuse /Library/Fonts (where that Arial Unicode.ttf font is located, with your local ~/Library/Fonts (/Users/username/Library/Fonts) folder location. The latter is the only location on Big Sur where you can add any new fonts, and have the System and your applications automatically discover them.

How do I add Garamond to my Font book on MAC (Big Sur)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.