Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant connect to apple id to change password to mac

i have recently sent my macbook pro to an apple certified fix. i got home and tried to open my mac but it doesnt recognize my password and when i try to reset the password using recovery assistant i get an error message sying: "there was an error connecting to apple id server".

i have tried connecting do diffrent networks such as: hotspot to my iphone and my home wifi. and i have tried changing my apple id password or purpesly typing it wrong but the same error mesage appeares.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 9:07 AM

Hello Erezflop,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to reset your user account password on your Mac. To help with this, please follow the relevant steps in this Apple resource and then contact Apple if you need any further assistance.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account

Get Support 

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 9:07 AM in response to Erezflop

Hello Erezflop,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to reset your user account password on your Mac. To help with this, please follow the relevant steps in this Apple resource and then contact Apple if you need any further assistance.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account

Get Support 

Cheers!

Cant connect to apple id to change password to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.