Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtone sync problem

Hi, I have created a new ringtone but it will not sync into my iPhone X Tones directory from iTunes on my MacBook. It has synced into the Music directory and I cannot find a way of moving it into Tones. The tone is 29 seconds long and has the m4r extension so I am at a loss to discover what has gone wrong. I am running iTunes 12.8. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

David

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:33 AM

Hello dmf558,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to get a ringtone from your Mac to your iPhone with iTunes. Another way to do this would be to put the ringtone into iCloud Drive and then open the ringtone in GarageBand on your iPhone, and here is more info about this process:

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro X or GarageBand for Mac song

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 11:33 AM in response to dmf558

Hello dmf558,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to get a ringtone from your Mac to your iPhone with iTunes. Another way to do this would be to put the ringtone into iCloud Drive and then open the ringtone in GarageBand on your iPhone, and here is more info about this process:

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro X or GarageBand for Mac song

Cheers!

Ringtone sync problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.