Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - Songs will not download

Hello,

I am an Apple Music subscriber and all of a sudden today I am having extreme difficulty getting my music to download to my phone to be able to play offline.

I have attempted to restart my phone, I have offloaded the app, and I still have no positive results.

I do not know if this a result of the latest update or not, but alas looking forward to a resolution!

Thanks All!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 12:36 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Dauld02,

We see that you're unable to download songs on your iPhone. We understand wanting to have these songs available to listen to when you're offline, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Take a look at the article below to help with downloading music to your device.

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

If the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Are you getting an error message when you try to download the songs? Have you tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi network?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 12:36 PM in response to Dauld02

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Dauld02,

We see that you're unable to download songs on your iPhone. We understand wanting to have these songs available to listen to when you're offline, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Take a look at the article below to help with downloading music to your device.

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

If the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Are you getting an error message when you try to download the songs? Have you tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi network?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Jul 7, 2020 6:39 PM in response to chris_g1

Unfortunately there is no error message. The songs simply just keep pending download with the “spinning” indicator. I’ve attempted on wifi and on LTE, With no luck. There is also plenty of space on my XR.

Occasionally some of the songs from my playlist will download, but it gets through a few and then they all just get “stuck.” Screenshot provided.

Jul 8, 2020 3:59 AM in response to Dauld02

Im having this exact same problem with my iphone 7 , iOS 13.5.1. I have lots of storage space, good wifi, tried in different locations. Music simply does not download to my phone. Purchased music and apple music does both do not work. I might get one song from an album downloaded and the rest just sit there spinning forever.

The phone starts to get very hot and unstable when trying to use the Music app now. I've tried a factory resest and even deleted all my other apps just to narrow down the problem. I was starting to think its my phone but I'm seeing many others on the forum with this same issue. I need a fix immediately Apple.

Jul 8, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Dauld02

Hello Dauld02,

Thanks for reaching back out to us and providing those additional details and screenshot.

The next thing that you can do is, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on your Apple ID and sign out. Once you're signed out, restart your device and go back to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign in.

This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again. Once thats complete, check to see if you can download the songs.

Let us know the results and if the issue remains.

Apple Music - Songs will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.