Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off dual sim

My iPhone XR was bought new on mother’s account and it had an Apple ID associated with it already. Plus, Upon creating a new Apple ID, the password went haywire when I first entered it and would not allow me to remove it or access it. It took me ten days to recover and sign out. I then exchanged it for an iPhone 11 and asked them Not to activate the phone until I was able to find out The problem. I opened the phone to activate it the following day and it was already working because the esim was activated. It had data usage and the night before I brought it in their was 8 GB data used. Two days in the start of jul and I have 9GB of data used. The whole month of June I only just used 5 Gb. Someone is remotely accessing my iPhone 11 and controlling my settings. This has been my third iPhone straight that has been useless and destroyed. How can I turn off or protect my SIM cards? Please help

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:42 PM

Hello, Power4eva.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From reading your post, you have some concerns about your cellular data being used. Having control over your cellular data is important and we'd be glad to help out with this issue. This article has great information regarding Dual SIM including how to set up/ check and turn off or erase the SIM data: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM If you don't have two active cellular plans, then you're only using one SIM.

"Manage cellular settings

To change your cellular settings for each of your plans, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
  3. Tap the number you want to change.
  4. Tap each option and set it as you normally would.

Transfer your eSIM from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone

To transfer your eSIM to your new iPhone, you can scan the QR code your carrier gave you, use your carrier's iPhone app, or install an assigned cellular plan. When your cellular plan is activated on your new iPhone, the plan on your previous iPhone will deactivate.

To set up your new iPhone, follow the steps in the Set up your cellular plan with eSIM section. If you're asked to "Transfer Cellular Plan" during Quick Start setup, follow these steps.

Erase your eSIM

If you need to erase your eSIM, follow these steps: 

1. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap the plan you want to erase.
  4. Tap Remove Cellular Plan.

To address the cellular data, use this article as a guide and check to see what is using the data: Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad You may want to also reach out to your wireless carrier and check with them the amount of cellular data being used. You can also turn off cellular data all together from the iPhone or prevent certain apps from using the data.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 1:42 PM in response to Community User

Hello, Power4eva.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From reading your post, you have some concerns about your cellular data being used. Having control over your cellular data is important and we'd be glad to help out with this issue. This article has great information regarding Dual SIM including how to set up/ check and turn off or erase the SIM data: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM If you don't have two active cellular plans, then you're only using one SIM.

"Manage cellular settings

To change your cellular settings for each of your plans, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap the number you want to change.
  4. Tap each option and set it as you normally would.

Transfer your eSIM from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone

To transfer your eSIM to your new iPhone, you can scan the QR code your carrier gave you, use your carrier's iPhone app, or install an assigned cellular plan. When your cellular plan is activated on your new iPhone, the plan on your previous iPhone will deactivate.

To set up your new iPhone, follow the steps in the Set up your cellular plan with eSIM section. If you're asked to "Transfer Cellular Plan" during Quick Start setup, follow these steps.

Erase your eSIM

If you need to erase your eSIM, follow these steps: 

1. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap the plan you want to erase.
  4. Tap Remove Cellular Plan.

To address the cellular data, use this article as a guide and check to see what is using the data: Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad You may want to also reach out to your wireless carrier and check with them the amount of cellular data being used. You can also turn off cellular data all together from the iPhone or prevent certain apps from using the data.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Turn off dual sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.