You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 SIM issue

I bought a guy's iPhone 12 yesterday. Before accepting it, I checked the Carrier Lock item in Settings and found the display said "No SIM restrictions." (My old iPhone likewise had no SIM restrictions)

The old iPhone and the new iPhone were up to date on the same software version. I activated the new iPhone by a wireless transfer from the old iPhone. Now my old phone and my new phone both have SIM lock status. I was never able to clear the lock and activate the iPhone 12. Verizon Wireless currently has a one hour wait time in its stores here, so I haven't had an opportunity to have VZW troubleshoot it. I was able to restore my old iPhone from iCloud, but now it still has a locked indication.

How can one determine the source of the lock and clear it?

Thanks,

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 7:56 AM

See this Apple article: Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad

Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Every SIM card has a card holder, with the PUK code on it.

See if you still have that cardholder.

1 reply

iPhone 12 SIM issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.