Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't complete mail account setup

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my mail accounts. After filling out the basic info of the mailbox, I get the final confirmation alert where you choose which program to use for the account. (mail + notes). When clicking on "next", for a second there appears a flywheel next to the "back" button and that is it. It won't continue and does not add the account. In my experience, even when the credentials are wrong, it would still add the account so you can change the port number and security setting etc.

All suggestions are welcome!

(running a fresh installation of Mojave on MacBook Air 2010)

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:28 PM

Hello shady_sam.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you are having some trouble with adding your email account to the Mail app on your Mac. We know how important email is, and we will be glad to assist.

Let's quit Mail, and restart in safe mode to see if it works: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue persists, then test in another user account: How to force an app to quit

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 2:28 PM in response to shady_sam

Hello shady_sam.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you are having some trouble with adding your email account to the Mail app on your Mac. We know how important email is, and we will be glad to assist.

Let's quit Mail, and restart in safe mode to see if it works: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue persists, then test in another user account: How to force an app to quit

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

Can't complete mail account setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.