Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't set up Yahoo mail on Mail in Big Sur

When I try adding my Yahoo mail acct on my new macbookpro I get this message:  

Error: Sorry, we can't find the username or password in our records. Please try again.

I am not able to access my Yahoo mail on their website either. Works fine on all my other Mac devices and other Safaris, so the id and pwd are correct, no caps, no typos. The problem probably has to do with Yahoo and Big Sur.

My google accts were set up fine on Mail, just Yahoo rejects my CORRECT ID and pwd.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:45 AM

atifromottawa wrote:

Error: Sorry, we can't find the username or password in our records. Please try again.

I am not able to access my Yahoo mail on their website either. Works fine on all my other Mac devices and other Safaris, so the id and pwd are correct, no caps, no typos. The problem probably has to do with Yahoo and Big Sur.
My google accts were set up fine on Mail, just Yahoo rejects my CORRECT ID and pwd.

contact yahoo or look at their support site.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 11:45 AM in response to atifromottawa

atifromottawa wrote:

contact yahoo or look at their support site.

Can't set up Yahoo mail on Mail in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.