Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get yahoo as my mac mail account despite following the advice re: system preferences -adding the account under system preferences or as add another account

Hi.

I can't get yahoo mail to work as my Mac mail account. I have followed all the steps re system preferences, adding a yahoo account, trying to do it manually under add another account too. My login details for yahoo are correct but still mac won't verify the yahoo mail account. My husband changed the Mac to link it with my apple ID recently and thats when the problem started

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:27 AM

Are you using a Yahoo POP or IMAP account? If POP you need Yahoo to generate a PW. If doing IMap when you setup the account pick the Yahoo logo and go from there. All you will need is your email address and follow the guide.

Similar questions

1 reply

I can't get yahoo as my mac mail account despite following the advice re: system preferences -adding the account under system preferences or as add another account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.