Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning DVD fails to copy all files

I recently purchased a Pioneer BDR XD07TS (Blu-ray/DVD/CD writer) to back-up 20 years of photos. However, after 10 different attempts to burn a DVD with 2,860 files (3.21GB) a random number of around 300 files fail to copy. Each time I burn, different files that fail to burn. There is no alert that that files have failed to copy. The verification step does not alert to any problems either.

So all look s okay, until I painfully compare the Burn file on the Mac, with what was actually burned on the DVD.

I have tried different discs with no improvement.

I am trying to figure out whether this is a OS issue, disc issue or drive issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any advice?

Currently using Catalina on iMac (late 2012).

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:13 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Burning DVD fails to copy all files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.