Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air overheat

Do you think I should buy a new MacBook air 2020 or 8th gen MacBook pro? I hate to spend the extra money but looks like Apple goofed on the MacBook Air. Overheating slows the processing. What do you think?

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:14 PM

I am going to provide my experience with the MacBook Air 2020 8GB 256GB SSD i3. It undergoes near 8 hours a day use and mainly on productivity apps (for ex. MS Office Products). Works like a charm. No issues with macOS Catalina. I only have one extension loaded in Safari and one background app loaded at boot (OneDrive). I have had this MacBook Air for approximately 3 months.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 1:14 PM in response to cahbaker

I am going to provide my experience with the MacBook Air 2020 8GB 256GB SSD i3. It undergoes near 8 hours a day use and mainly on productivity apps (for ex. MS Office Products). Works like a charm. No issues with macOS Catalina. I only have one extension loaded in Safari and one background app loaded at boot (OneDrive). I have had this MacBook Air for approximately 3 months.

Axel F.

Jul 3, 2020 7:53 PM in response to cahbaker

Yes, actually have been using Zoom and Microsoft Teams often these days on almost a daily basis.

My standard day has the following apps open without issues-

Safari - 5 Pinned tabs and 2 unpinned tabs - Total 7 pages

MS Outlook

MS Excel - One 12MB Excel File

MS Word - One 11MB Document

MS Teams or Zoom

WhatsApp for Desktop

Contacts

Calendar

Axel F.

macbook air overheat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.