Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

I just tried to listen to my music on iTunes and I was instructed to BUY ITUNES MATCH... buy.... to access my music.... all my music. What gives.... the iTunes app came installed. Should I buy another app from the App Store for MY music.. even music I previously paid for from Apple.

please respond. I am not happy, not being able to pay for my music. Also, please advise why I should pay $25. or anything for MY music .

I look forward to your response before I spread the word for others with Apple products.

as a family we have been loyal to Apple...buying iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pro etc.

deeply disallusioned.

IF I WERE TO PURCHASE HOPEFULLY TO ACCESS RETRIEVE MY MUSIC...IF I DIDN’t like it ....COULD I GET MY $25. Back?

Ron Saint Hilaire

Ron St.Hilaire

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 5:57 PM

Were you previously subscribed to iTunes Match and have you let that subscription expire without first downloading all content from the cloud and backing up? Apple provides access to past purchases in the cloud. Other music that you've ripped from CD or obtained from other sources can be treated in a similar way to purchases if you have a subscription to iTunes Match. Otherwise you can sync your device to your library over USB in the usual way. Your screenshot suggests that iTunes Match was previously in use with your Apple ID and it sees all your content in the cloud. If you have the media in your library you can turn off Sync Library (aka iCloud Music Library) on the device then sync media from iTunes.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 5:57 PM in response to RonSaintHilaire

Were you previously subscribed to iTunes Match and have you let that subscription expire without first downloading all content from the cloud and backing up? Apple provides access to past purchases in the cloud. Other music that you've ripped from CD or obtained from other sources can be treated in a similar way to purchases if you have a subscription to iTunes Match. Otherwise you can sync your device to your library over USB in the usual way. Your screenshot suggests that iTunes Match was previously in use with your Apple ID and it sees all your content in the cloud. If you have the media in your library you can turn off Sync Library (aka iCloud Music Library) on the device then sync media from iTunes.

tt2

Jul 3, 2020 5:04 PM in response to turingtest2

So... I have attached a foto of what I am getting when I try and access MY MUSIC. I feel I have No choice to retrieve or listen to my music. The I tunes app came with my device. I trusted Apple that I would have access to MY music however I received

it... CD, or I tunes purchases etc.

the information forwarded is complex....and the suggestion I need to pick and choose an another app.

please advise how I can retrieve/play my music.

also, as I am told, should I be removing our not using this app?

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.