iTunes music purchases not allowing me to download, but shows purchased.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I purchased these using my iPhone and less than half of the songs downloaded for use. This has happened on countless albums, but I have recently realized after canceling my Apple Music subscription. I planned on listening to purchased albums. I have inserted an example of my issue here. It looks like this has been an issue since at least 2013 for some users. I tried older fix methods, but none work since we no longer use the old iTunes for playing music. I feel like this should be a legal issue to allow purchase of music, then not allow you to listen to it.

Posted on May 21, 2023 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 12:54 PM

Have you check your Music Library -> Recently Added?

If you have purchased or show purchased, then the album is in your Music Library -> Recently Added.

You can also check -> macOS -> start Music -> tap iTunes Store (side bar) -> show my account -> sign in.

(In the right pane)  -> scroll to Purchase history -> tap See All -> tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 12:54 PM in response to Wkn87

Have you check your Music Library -> Recently Added?

If you have purchased or show purchased, then the album is in your Music Library -> Recently Added.

You can also check -> macOS -> start Music -> tap iTunes Store (side bar) -> show my account -> sign in.

(In the right pane)  -> scroll to Purchase history -> tap See All -> tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

iTunes music purchases not allowing me to download, but shows purchased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.