Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you turn off graphics card switching on a MacBook Air?

I have the most recent version of the MacBook Air. Does anyone know how to turn off the graphics card switching on it? The only answers seem to be for Macs and MacBook Pros.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:11 PM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2020 4:01 AM in response to Kstarkey98

Which browser are you using to watch Netflix? Do this happen while using any browser? Does it only happen while you are watching videos on Netflix or does this happen while watching any video outside of Netflix?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Jul 3, 2020 4:19 PM in response to Kstarkey98

There is no Graphics Card Switching option on your MacBook Air. This is because MacBook Airs do not have an alternate graphics card installed. Your MacBook Air runs off of one graphics chip set which is built into the logic board. Most MacBook Pros have an alternate graphics chip set and therefore have the option to turn that set OFF and ON.

Axel F.

Jul 4, 2020 2:34 AM in response to Axel Foley

Okay, noted. While we're all here, if there's only one graphics card, do you know why it's glitching in flashes while I'm watching Netflix?

Like, flashing and slight sound glitches that match up with the visual glitches. If it's not the graphics card I don't know what would be wrong. I'll just take it to Apple if there's no logical answer

How can you turn off graphics card switching on a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.